ECGALAXY Open Source Infrastructure as Code components
The ECGALAXY project provides a set of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) components, used by European Commission IT teams.
Some of these components are now open source under the EUPL license and maintained on GitLab.
The source code is also mirrored to GitHub.
The current focus is on development environments and Ansible 'roles', which are made available through Ansible Galaxy, while there are plans to publish other types of IaC components.
ECGALAXY Ansible roles published as open source include:
- gopass: a password manager for the command line written in Go
- intellij: an integrated development environment written in Java
- php: the PHP language, CLI and extensions (including OCI8)
- summon: a CLI that provides on-demand secrets access for common DevOps tools
- task: a task runner / build tool written in Go
These Ansible roles support the following platforms:
- Amazon Linux 2
- Enterprise Linux 7 & 8
- Ubuntu 18.04 & 20.04 LTS