The European Commission adopts its new Open Source Software strategy
Today, the European Commission approved its new Open Source Software Strategy 2020-2023.
The strategy promotes the sharing and reuse of software solutions, knowledge and expertise.
The six principles that govern the new Commission OSS strategy:
- Open-source solutions are preferred when equivalent in functionalities, total cost and cybersecurity;
- A working culture based on the principles of open source, sharing and reuse is promoted;
- Code is shared with the OSS community and contributions to related open-source projects is enabled;
- The Commission becomes an active member of the OSS ecosystem;
- The code used and shared by the Commission is free from vulnerabilities by applying continuous security testing;
- Open standards and specifications are promoted.
Read the full announcement here.